Where? but it is AZ

Where? but it is AZ

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wow! It is hard to believe it has been more than a week since my last post. I did go to the Waste Management Phoenix Open last Saturday. It was a beautiful day, especially since the pro ams were cancelled and the tee off times were pushed back due to frost on the grass. On Saturday when I got there the second half of the second round threesomes were just teeing off. We walked from the first hole to the seventh hole to catch Phil Mickelson and then started walking to the infamous 16th hole. We had Sky Box tickets from a vendor that my friend buys their equipment. The free food and drinks were nice to not to have to pay for them. But the real enjoyment was being in the 16th hole atmosphere. It was definitely very entertaining!.

On Sunday, of course, was the Super Bowl. I did work at the ASU Women's Gymnastic meet in the early afternoon. That was my first time working at a collegiate gymnastic meet, especially since I was on my high school gymnastic team and I coached a high school gymnastic team for a year. The work was not rocket science since it involved flipping the numbers to show the score of the gymnast to the judge at the opposite side of the competition area.

The Super Bowl was fine. I was surprised that the Steeler's never tied or scored more than the Packer's at some point in the game. I did not support either team. The rest of the Super Bowl hoopla was ok. I do not know the National Anthem well enough to know for sure that Christina Aguilera sang the words wrong, the Black Eyed Peas were ok but I knew the sound system did them no justice, and the commercials were ok - some funnier than others. I did eat way too much.

This weekend I am driving to Yuma for a family event. Yuma is my hometown. I will especially pay attention to this drive that I have done for years. A lot of it is still the same - vast empty space - but many of the small communities have grown somewhat. There are a number of areas that I enjoy the scenery because I know that man could not be brilliant enough to make the desert look spectacular. It is at these moments that I know grandeur of God's creation.


No comments: