Where? but it is AZ

Where? but it is AZ

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Night in AZ

Well it is Halloween night in Arizona. At least it is not the Northeast tonight. The temperature is a balmy 80 degrees. I don't give out candy on Halloween night. Call me a Scrouge but I find it annoying.

I vaguely remember trick-or-treating in Yuma, Arizona. Yes, I was the typical ballerina, princess, hobo, and I don't remember what else. Since I was the oldest, generally, I was in charge of my brothers and sisters when we went trick-or-treating. Although, I did get candy I had to make sure everyone stayed together, be careful crossing the street, adjust masks and costumes, carry the candy bags when they got to heavy, and who knows what other responsibilities I had. My sister who is the second-born when she was old enough she could go trick-or-treating with her friend and I swear on Halloween one year she came home with three grocery bags full of candy.

Now days I just bask in nostalgia, wear my Happy Halloween t-shirt for a week, and keep the lights off on Halloween.

No comments: